Shou Sugi Ban Buffet
Featured at The 2016 Philadelphia Invitational Furniture Show.
- Quarter sawn ash was heavily torched to blacken and reveal intense horizontal grain on the buffet front.
- The entire carcass is wrapped inside and out with book matched quilted ash veneer.
- Drawers are leather lined.
- Door compartments have aromatic cedar backing.
- The overall piece conforms to the Golden Ratio with the drawer heights determined by the Fibonacci series.
- 31″H x 20″D x 72″L
truly unique piece
“If you want a truly unique piece made with utmost attention and fine materials, with contemporary design and traditional values of the old-time great cabinetmakers, then Fred is the right person to talk to. As the curator of the Manchester Historical Museum, I collaborated with Fred to display a piece of his handcrafted woodwork in our exhibit about the fine furniture-making tradition in Manchester. In addition to being a part of the special exhibit, Fred created a side table for our permanent collection that sits beautifully among the antique tables, showing Fred's unbelievable craftsmanship in blending the modern look with traditional elements. I'd be happy to invite anyone to visit the Museum to see this collection and to learn about the history of furniture making in our town since the 1700s.”