Shou Sugi Ban Buffet
Featured at The 2016 Philadelphia Invitational Furniture Show.
- Quarter sawn ash was heavily torched to blacken and reveal intense horizontal grain on the buffet front.
- The entire carcass is wrapped inside and out with book matched quilted ash veneer.
- Drawers are leather lined.
- Door compartments have aromatic cedar backing.
- The overall piece conforms to the Golden Ratio with the drawer heights determined by the Fibonacci series.
- 31″H x 20″D x 72″L
meticulous in his work
“As an interior designer, I hired Fred to build a set of bookcases for a client's living room. He has a passion for woodworking and comes with a talent for creatively using the wood. He offered ideas and direction, but was able to work within my design concept. He was professional, meticulous in his work and very respectful to the home. His talent, experience and understanding of the project made it easy to work with him and I will continue to hire him as a solution-maker for my clients.”