Shou Sugi Ban Buffet
Featured at The 2016 Philadelphia Invitational Furniture Show.
- Quarter sawn ash was heavily torched to blacken and reveal intense horizontal grain on the buffet front.
- The entire carcass is wrapped inside and out with book matched quilted ash veneer.
- Drawers are leather lined.
- Door compartments have aromatic cedar backing.
- The overall piece conforms to the Golden Ratio with the drawer heights determined by the Fibonacci series.
- 31″H x 20″D x 72″L
master of his craft
“Fred is thoughtful, creative, intelligent, a master of his craft, utterly reliable, and all of this with a sense of humor. He is a true artist, committed to the integrity of the the wood. His designs flow from that. The bookshelf and cabinet he created for us were very complicated because nothing in the original space was square and Fred made it work beautifully. I absolutely recommend him.”