Pagoda Built-in Bureau
Elegant companions to the Pagoda bed or any bed.
- Custom built-in chest of drawers in padauk with wenge pegging and inlay.
- Drawers are curly maple with leather and aromatic cedar lining.
- Upper drawers have jewelry cubbies and removable jewelry trays milled from a single padauk blank.
- Each row of drawer faces is fashioned from a single board respecting grain continuity.
- Drawers have maple, beeswax-impregnated slides providing effortless motion.
- Hand-rubbed finish.
- 49” w x 40” h x 18” d
truly unique piece
“If you want a truly unique piece made with utmost attention and fine materials, with contemporary design and traditional values of the old-time great cabinetmakers, then Fred is the right person to talk to. As the curator of the Manchester Historical Museum, I collaborated with Fred to display a piece of his handcrafted woodwork in our exhibit about the fine furniture-making tradition in Manchester. In addition to being a part of the special exhibit, Fred created a side table for our permanent collection that sits beautifully among the antique tables, showing Fred's unbelievable craftsmanship in blending the modern look with traditional elements. I'd be happy to invite anyone to visit the Museum to see this collection and to learn about the history of furniture making in our town since the 1700s.”