Cherry & Makore Kitchen
Entertain or create a family feast in this sophisticated custom kitchen.
- Quarter-sawn cherry provides a quiet grain pattern next to the highly figured makore veneer.
- Delicate beading and small reveals around doors and drawers create subtle shadow lines lending a true furniture-quality design and feel to this custom kitchen.
- Natural materials such as a copper-topped peninsula, soapstone slab and tile counters and indian slate floor contribute to this inviting, warm and tactile space.
- Additional custom elements include two floor-to-ceiling pull-out pantries, seeded glass cabinet doors, heavy felt-lined tray storage drawers and careful attention to grain matching.
- The cabinetry glows with six coats of a durable, custom-blended, hand-rubbed finish.
“If you are looking for someone with an artistic eye and creative understanding and use of materials, Fred will create a one-of-a-kind solution for you. We asked Fred to create more storage in our master bath. We liked that he used unusual materials and that he designed it to have a nautical feel. It was a tight space and so he created a curved cabinet door by heating and bending a plexi-glass like material which has plant material imbedded, adding a textural quality to the cabinet doors. The vanity continues the theme; it mirrors the curve of the cabinetry; the granite surface is curved; repeated below by a curved glass shelf, adding still more storage. He designed a laundry area complete with a hanging/folding counter and a corkboard wall for notes, calendars and pictures. Fred was able to envision my ideas, work with a limited space, and sought out materials to make a design that is both functional and a piece of art.”