Cherry & Makore Kitchen
Entertain or create a family feast in this sophisticated custom kitchen.
- Quarter-sawn cherry provides a quiet grain pattern next to the highly figured makore veneer.
- Delicate beading and small reveals around doors and drawers create subtle shadow lines lending a true furniture-quality design and feel to this custom kitchen.
- Natural materials such as a copper-topped peninsula, soapstone slab and tile counters and indian slate floor contribute to this inviting, warm and tactile space.
- Additional custom elements include two floor-to-ceiling pull-out pantries, seeded glass cabinet doors, heavy felt-lined tray storage drawers and careful attention to grain matching.
- The cabinetry glows with six coats of a durable, custom-blended, hand-rubbed finish.
master of his craft
“Fred is thoughtful, creative, intelligent, a master of his craft, utterly reliable, and all of this with a sense of humor. He is a true artist, committed to the integrity of the the wood. His designs flow from that. The bookshelf and cabinet he created for us were very complicated because nothing in the original space was square and Fred made it work beautifully. I absolutely recommend him.”